Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 1 - 4: Liverpool, UK - Glendalough, Ireland

Assalamualaikum.

I'm bored so why not update on my 8-days trip to Ireland 8 years ago (20/12 - 27/12 2004). HAHAHA. #pathetic

This was my first winter vacation after I went to study abroad in the UK in 2004. I didn't have any plan so my mate invited me to go to PUISI in Ireland. PUISI stands for Perhimpunan Ukhuwwah Insaniyyah Seluruh Ireland (Overseas Students Winter Gathering in Ireland). #gasp I know shut up! LOL

Anyway, we went to Ireland via a ferry *gasp please* Save cost punye pasal <3 It was a terrible experience. Never again I will take a ferry for a long journey.

We departed from Liverpool at midnight. Our bus got into the ferry & we got off, venturing into the ferry. I barely remembered this trip actually. LOL. I don't even remember how long it took. We slept at the bar & I barely slept because it was so uncomfortable & noisy as they were loud people playing cards etc.

Sleeping at the bar
The youth hostel where we stayed at and the event place where all the ceramah, pengisian were conducted were quite far. I think it took 10-15 minutes walk but since it's the beginning of winter and the scenery through out the stroll is beautiful, it made the journey quite worth it.
PUISI 2004 - Malam Gema Islam
We went hiking or more like taking a stroll (?) after the ceramah ended to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Let the pictures speak for itself yeah?
SHEEPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Such a dork and no, that's not real snow


This is simply a place I'd love to live in. So majestic & full of lush greenery. I'd love to take a walk or go for a jog and at the same time enjoying Allah's creation~ That would be a bliss <3

Subhanallah the scenery is simply magnificent!
I even met a friend I made during BTN before we went abroad. See top picture below.
Where we stayed: International Youth Hostel
After lunch, in the afternoon, we finally headed to Galway...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...