Tuesday, January 1, 2013

128 Faubourg, Salon by SOTHYS

Assalamualaikum \0/

Pampering session at SOTHYS hell yeah!!! My skin is in its worst condition lately. There are just too many works lately & it keeps piling up until now like Mount Everest already! Or maybe because I haven't had any facial in a while. My last treatment was 6 months ago at Kanebo International Salon Starhill Gallery.

I was given a form to fill up about my particular details & "healthy" life styles. After that the beautician gave some consultations on my skin conditions & recommended a suitable treatment for me. She asked my main concern on my skin. I told her it's oily & sometimes can be a bit drying. She said my skin looked dull & dry. So she recommended that I do Hydradvance Cosmeceutic Intensive Treatment with the purpose of "immediate and long-lasting hydration that leaves skin supple, well hydrated & more radiant".

So I was brought to this suite room. I think got 3 rooms. Mine is on the right. I can't remember the suite number.

So I changed to the facial attire & covered my hair with a hair cap prepared for me. It's the first salon which offered the hair cap & I think it's brilliant because it kept my hair in place. In other salons, they'd just wrap my hair with a headband which is uncomfortable because the beauticians need to readjust the headbands many many times to prevent my hair from getting in the way during the treatment.

Then I dipped my feet in the lukewarm feet jacuzzi (?). Yes feet jacuzzi. Deal with it! LOL. The beautician came inside the room and dried my feet. Not exactly dried them, more like wrapped the towels around my feet.

Feast yourself with the photos that I managed to take:




Here's my review on the overall treatment:
  • Room/Ambience:
    • Basic and clean. Let's just say it serves its purpose. The lighting is dimmed & there's a slow gentle music playing in the background. Basically the normal thing you'd experience in other salons. However maybe because of the thin wall, I can still hear people talking, laughing outside, which is my only gripe as I couldn't fell asleep even though I slept quite late the night before.
  • Treatment:
    • There's lukewarm feet jacuzzi to get you in teh "mood". Basically to calm you and I think it's a nice gesture. My legs were raised a bit using a pillow. Maybe to improve blood circulations (?) but I do feel much more comfortable. The beautician also gave complimentary massage (although not as nice as the one I had at Assata). Prior to the treatment (during the consultation), I told her I like my massage to be firm but I felt like it's not firm enough.  Anyway the treatment lasted for 1.5 hours. I thought I saw in the book that it'd be about 2 hours... Anyway, the beautician that I got didn't talk much but I prefer it that way actually. I don't like conversing when I just want to enjoy my facial treatment. The extraction is fine. The pain is bearable. However the beautician told me it was hard to extract the blackheads/whiteheads because of my dehydrated skin EVEN after the hydration treatment.
  • Price:
    • Very steep :-) Retail price for this treatment is RM390 but since I'm a first-timer, I was entitled to 30% discount and only paid RM270.
  • Results:
    • The black heads and white heads are gone albeit maybe not completely. My skin felt softer compared to prior of the treatment. For the first week, it does feel hydrated. At work after performing my ablution, I don't need to apply moisturiser like before because my skin is not flaky like before. 2nd week is still quite good. 3rd week I'm already beginning to see that flaky symptoms but not so severe.
  • Would I go here again?
    • Maybe since I got a RM100 voucher when I purchased their trial pack. In fact I already booked my next appointment. LOL. However, maybe after this 2nd treatment, I want to try Sothy's other branch. Secretly I like the treatment I did at the Kanebo International Salon slightly more. The lady is warm and nice and seriously no hard selling at all.

Even though the facial is a supposedly "special" intensive treatment, I feel like the procedure is similar to normal facial. Well I guess maybe the product they used are different since this is supposedly a hydrating treatment. I also forgot to ask what products they used especially when there is a moderate selling going on after the treatment. It's a given right? LOL.

Before going there I told myself that I'm not gonna buy any of their package or products. I didn't buy their package (although it's tempting!!). YESSS!! But I succumbed to their "moderate" selling and bought their trial set for combination skin *cries*

The trial set consists of 40 ml of Soothing Beauty Milk, 50 ml of Purifying Foaming Gel, 40 ml of Soothing Beauty Lotion & 50 ml of Hydra-Matt Fluid. I paid a total of RM228 for this trial set.


After using them diligently for about 20 days, here's a short review on them:
  • Soothing Beauty Milk:
    • Nothing to exaggerate on this. I don't see any profound effect on my skin whether I use it or not. Would I repurchase this in the future? Maybe if I got the cash since I did repurchase a 200 ml of this. Plus I'm such an OCD & believe that you need to use their complete range to achieve the results that you want. Plus plus it was a steal deal since I also bought it with the 200 ml Soothing Beauty Lotion (each cost RM146 but I only paid RM228 for these two; a story I will write later).
  • Purifying Foaming Gel:
    • While I also don't see any significant effect on my skin, I do love it! Funny isn't it? Maybe because I like the texture. It's a transparent gel like and it doesn't foam that much. It also smells pleasant. It's also gentle and didn't cause any breakout and does not feel tight on my skin like Peter Thomas Roth's cleanser. Would I repurchase? Yes definitely.
  • Soothing Beauty Lotion:
    • The same argument as the Soothing Beauty Milk applies here. It smells pleasant. Would I repurchase? Sure why not since I'm using Sothys now.
  • Hydra-Matt Fluid:
    • LOVELOVETHIS! The texture is light and it quickly absorbs into my skin once applied. It also doesn't feel greasy at all! I don't know whether it's because of the facial that I did or is it because of I'm using Sothys regiment now, my skin does not feel as dehdyrated as before. It is still oily but maybe slightly less? Yes my skin is actually a combination of oily and dehydrated *screams*. Well maybe it's also comparable to my Peter Thomas Roth's Oil-Free Moisturiser but since I'm using Sothys, I am the type to go Sothys all the way. Would I repurchase? Definitely!

Well I have book the next appointment on 26-Jan, which means that's almost 2 months after my last facial treatment at Sothys. So we'll see how this products fare after not going to facial for 2 months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...